Wednesday, April 4, 2012

To my dearest readers,

Welcome to my shiny, new blog! I bet hundreds of you saw my post on Facebook and thought to yourself, "Jessica created a fundraising blog? ZOO-WEE-MAMA!" and then clicked the link immediately. Right? Am I right, guys? Right?

Totally kidding. Nobody probably said that. HOWEVER, for those of you who are in fact reading this very text.. you're awesome. High five.

Tiny Fey knows what I'm talkin' bout.

But with all joking aside, I just wanted to share with you guys this new blog I made. Most of you are familiar by now about the amazing opportunity I've received to work at Camp of the Hills and am now in the process of raising funds. Some of you lovely people have already helped me out with my funds, and I am extremely grateful for your support and encouragement!
 In fact, my donors are the very reason I created this blog. I didn't like the idea of taking someone's money and only sending them a thank you letter and picture a few weeks later. I want to go beyond that. I want them to see their investment working in my life and the lives of others. I think keeping up with a blog is a great way to involve anyone who wants to be a part of this chapter in my life.
So what should you expect to see on my blog in the future? Expect to see things such as pictures, donation updates, and any thoughts I have as I prepare for my month of summer camp. I am both excited and nervous for what God has in store for me, but it is with your prayer and support that keeps me going.

So thank you all for taking the time to read this. I appreciate you guys, and I hope this blog can serve as a small thank you for all your encouragement. :)

- Jessica

1 comment:

  1. Amanda told me about your new blog, and I got really excited! I think it's a great idea, and I look forward to reading more posts from you in the future!

    ReplyDelete