Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday.

Hey everybody! I hope you all are having a great Good Friday. I came back home yesterday for Easter weekend and guess what me and my family will be doing today through Sunday? Going on a lake camping trip with our church!

I find it amusing that while people back home are sitting in church wearing floral-print dresses and pastel pink ties, I'll be spending Easter morning around a campfire flipping sausage patties. But I was actually pleased to hear my mom tell me that we were going camping. School and work have been consuming my life, and these past couple weeks I've felt like a rope in a nasty tug-o-war match. I'm glad I get to unplug for a few days and focus on sunsets and night skies instead. And not only that, but I think my time will be better spent in nature than in a pew this year for Easter.

Sometimes I think people (including myself) get so lost in the chaos of Easter. I can't speak for everyone, but when I think of Easter my mind immediately goes to: egg hunting, bunnies, chocolate, nice clothes, money, and THEN Jesus' death and resurrection. That's awful.. I just didn't realize how much unnecessary stuff we pile on top of Easter until I was told I won't be doing any of that this weekend. Now I see that even if we take away all the things that society has made Easter to be, the true meaning of Easter will always remain because it doesn't require anything in order to be celebrated. I haven't even left for camp yet and it's already taught me that. 

But yeah.. I just thought I'd share what's been going on in my mind today. Anyways, I hope you all have a wonderful weekend! :) Take care.

- Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment