Sunday, April 22, 2012

Hooray for mementos! Not mentos... although mentos are delicious.

GREETINGS MY GOOD SIRS AND MADAMS! I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday and are not overwhelmed by my caps lock. I just got back from spending the weekend with my friend and future co-counselor, Emily! Emily and I first met at a CotH retreat last month and sweet, radiant sparks haven't stopped flying between us since. Haha. Just kidding... but no really. Emily is pretty darn awesome, and I'm super excited to be spending a month working with this lovely gal!


One of the many things Emily and I have been prepping for this summer is how we can creatively remember each session week of kids we had at camp. She came up with this awesome keepsake idea where each week, her cabin of girls can sign and decorate her blank pillow case! I thought this was such a cool memento and when she told me I was inspired to do something too. I've been trying to come up with something creative for the longest time but I haven't figured out what I wanted to do until my awesome roommate Victoria suggested it today!

So this summer at Camp of the Hills, I'm going to bring a nearly blank canvas with a bare tree painted on it. And as my campers come and go, they can dip their thumb in ink and fingerprint leaves onto the branches of my tree! How cute is that?! This idea was originally meant for wedding guest books but WHO CARES! IT'S AWESOME. So yeah, here's an example so y'all know what I'm talking about.

The campers can sign their name around their leaf as well!


I'm so excited about this! I'm also brainstorming about cute souvenirs my girls can take home as well. So if y'all have any ideas, I'd love to hear your suggestions. :) Have a blessed week!

- Jess ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment